Volunteering Background Checks
Required for Brentfield and Richardson ISD
If you wish to volunteer in the Richardson ISD and at Brentfield Elementary for the 2017- 2018 school year, you must signup for a background check using the process outlined below. You must resubmit this every year. You may begin this process starting July 1, 2017.
1. Complete the RISD Volunteer Application form at https://www.risd.org/group/community/Volunteer_Opportunities/volunteer-application-form.asp.
2. The form will ask you for information so RISD may perform a criminal background check. You must provide: date of birth, name, gender, address, telephone number, driverʼs license or state-issued ID number, desired school(s), and emergency contact information.
3. You will be able to select schools for 2015-2016 volunteer opportunities, including “Any RISD School.” If you do not select Brentfield, you will not appear on Brentfield's volunteer list. According to the Brentfield office it is their understanding that if we do NOT specify a specific school it will NOT show up on that schools list. It will be on the districts main list but not Brentfield's list. So please select "Brentfield" as well as "Any RISD School" if you would like to help with opportunities outside of Brentfield such as Clothes closet, Used Book Fair, etc.
4. When the online application is completed, you will be directed to a confirmation page. If you are NOT directed to this page, then you should scroll back on the application to look for a message that indicates a problem with the data you have entered (or not entered).
5. RISDʼs Human Resources department will submit your information to Safe School for processing the criminal background check. It takes several business days from the submission of your online application before you are cleared to volunteer in RISD.
- Thursday, August 16
- Monday, August 20
- Friday, August 24
- Monday, September 3
- Thursday, September 27